HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORK?
Hair growth has three phases: Anagen (active), Catagen (regression), Telogen (resting). Growth cycles depend on the body part, and last anywhere from 4 to 12 months. Hair reduction is considered permanent when a significant amount of hair does not return for longer than the complete growth cycle. The hair will be destroyed only in the Anagen stage.
Laser hair removal involves a light that uses special wavelengths to damage the end of the hair, or the hair follicle. The strength of the light is adjusted so that just enough damage is done to prevent or reduce the amount of hair that grows back. The light used in the hair removal procedure targets the high-pigmented colors of the hair.
If you are planning to go for a laser hair removal treatment, stay out of the sun for 2-4 weeks prior to the procedure. Having tanned or dark-colored skin can make the procedure difficult or even impossible. If you are on any medication at all, it is important to let your technician know before treatment begins, as there are some medications that can reduce the effects of the procedure. There also are health risks associated with combining medications with the hair removal procedure.
Some individuals may experience a small amount of pain during treatment, but it is often manageable. The amount of discomfort experienced is described by many patients as that similar to the feeling of someone pricking you.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR LASER
• Dark hair, light skin and coarse hair are the easiest to treat. Patients typically see the best results and require the least number of sessions.
• People with dark skin may not be ideal candidates for laser hair removal, but may still benefit from treatment. Under certain circumstances the procedure can be effective.
• Blonde, gray and red hairs are more difficult to treat with a laser.
• Tanned patients must wait until the tan fades before treatment.
• Candidates who suffer from skin disorders, such as psoriasis, cystic acne and dermatitis, are not ideal candidates for laser hair removal.
• Candidates taking certain medications, including Retin-A or Accutane, are excluded from treatment.
• Treatment is not appropriate for people who have a pacemaker, who are pregnant, or who have metal screws in the area where the procedure would be performed.
• The procedure does not necessarily result in a 100-percent reduction of unwanted hair in the first treatment session. Multiple sessions may be required.
• Patients return home immediately following treatment.
• Normal activities can be resumed immediately; however, exercise, Jacuzzi use and sun tanning are not recommended for at least 24 hours.
• No waxing or depilatory creams should be used after laser hair removal.
• Most often, discomfort is minimal and does not require medication.
Side effects are quite rare and usually temporary. These may include hyperpigmentation (the appearance of dark or white spots, which disappear in a few months), sensitive skin may become slightly crusty (temporary), burning of the skin or discoloring of darker skin, as well as some redness and swelling on the skin.
Unmanageable pain, or the appearance of red or white bumps, ingrown hairs or scabs should be reported to your technician immediately.
THE ADVANTAGES OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL
• Laser hair removal is considered extremely safe if performed properly and by qualified specialists.
• A majority of clients have reported long-lasting results and even permanent hair removal.
• A laser hair removal treatment can be carried out on large areas, such as the chest, back and legs, in one session.
• If there is re-growth after laser hair removal, it will be much lighter and finer in texture than before.
• Laser hair removal can be virtually painless when compared with waxing and electrolysis.
Bikini $75 Brazilian $95 Underarms $75
$30 off Bikini & Underarms $120
$40 off Brazilian & Underarms $130
Lip & Chin $50; Full Face $120
Full Legs $150; Half Legs & Knees $80
Feet & Toes $30
$45 off Full Legs & Bikini or Underarms $180
$45 off Full Legs & Brazilian $200
$80 off Full Legs, Bikini, Underarms $220
$55 off Full Legs, Brazilian &
Full Arms $100; Hands & Fingers $30
$35 off Full Arms & Underarms $140
Full back $150; Full chest $150
$50 off Full Back, Neck & Shoulders $ 250